Take this mouthwatering camping recipe with you on your next trip in your new or used RV! This recipe for Taco Soup is a delicious recipe that’s a total crowd pleaser, and is easily modified to suit your particular palate. Check it out below!
- 2 pounds of your choice of meat: smoked beef sausage/kielbasa, ground beef, cooked & shredded chicken breast or pulled pork
- 1-2 envelopes taco seasoning (use the seasoning you prefer – if you want something with more a spicy kick, go with two packets of seasoning)
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans cream corn
- 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Additional toppings for serving: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, corn chips
Step One: The Meat
- For smoked beef sausage or kielbasa, sliced it up and set aside.
- For ground beef, brown it in a skillet and over medium heat, crumbling as you go. Drain and discard the fat.
- For chicken, either cook it through and shred with a fork or go even easier on yourself and use canned chunk chicken breast.
- For smoked pulled pork, your great challenge will be to not nibble it all up while you wait.
Step Two: Everything Else
- Place your prepared meat of choice and all other ingredients together in a slow cooker. Heat on low heat for 4-6 hours. Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Want some extra zip? You can always add another 4 oz can of green chilies. If you don’t love black beans, swap them for another kind of bean – or add an additional packet of taco seasoning. This recipe is easily modified and hard to screw up!